Monday 1 February 2016

Mood Board

For our new topic, we have each chosen a novel and focused on an individual character to recreate. I chose 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker, focusing on the character of Lucy Westenra.

We needed to produce a mood board showing the moods and feelings of the novel. I chose to put my mood board in black and white because it's a dark and mysterious story. The main features of the novel obviously have the feeling of betrayal, darkness and mystery. I chose to show the wolves that were featured in the novel because they are scary and not the norm. The main character of Dracula, is polite and friendly in the novel before his true colours show. He is a manipulating but clever character who invites innocent people into his home for his own benefit: their blood. He's also clever in who he chooses because his main goal is to manipulate the wife of Jonathan Harker, Mina, because he was in love with her in a former life and wants to feel that love again. The story unravels to also show the manipulation of Mina's naive friend, Lucy Westenra. I chose the character of Lucy because she was the one that interested me the most; I wanted to know what happened to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment