Thursday 7 April 2016

Practising 'Mrs Laderman'

HAIR STYLING

Inspiration images for my character
My character is a classy and beautiful lady. Knowing that my particular model, Ruby, had dark hair, I was keen to create a soft pin curl look and keep her looking elegant and glamorous. I want the hair to be a bit more messy than these three images however I want to keep the same sort of curl and parting.  I had a practise session with my model and tried to recreate a similar sort of look:

Practising the hairstyling for the character (before and after)

I achieved this look by using a 20mm barrelled curling wand and then leaving them to set in pins. I wanted to make sure the curls were big and full of volume, especially with a bit of lift at the top. I left the curls to cool in the pins and so left them whilst I practised the makeup. By the time I took the pins out I was left with the right hand picture as a result! I back combed nearer the roots and brushed out the curls to give them a softer look. I added some texture spray to the hair so that it stayed big and bouncy and then set the whole head with hairspray. Hope it goes this well on the day of the shoot!


Bibliography

https://moncheribridals.com/wedding-hairstyles/29-stunning-vintage-wedding-hairstyles/

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/best-dressed-at-the-oscars-2013-academy-awards-fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment