Friday 18 March 2016

Continuity Design

For my continuity design I have chosen to go for a simplistic but effective vampire look. My character is still attractive even when she is described as 'undead', so I wanted to create a look that wasn't terrifyingly ugly but still had the attributes of a typical vampire - and someone who's supposedly been buried in a tomb for a couple of days!

I was originally hoping to create a design that involved a slit neck after enjoying learning about special effects in Sue's practical lessons. I had a sit down chat with Kat and we decided it would be better to keep my design simple for the continuity design, as a large wound could be quite hard to replicate. 

For my final design I have chosen to use (for the face) illamasqua's white base mixed in with their matte primer. I will need to practise on my partner for this part of the design, as I'm not sure whether my partner would be more suited to the satin primer or the matte primer. For under the eyes, I am going to use a mauve/purple matte eyeshadow by H&M and buff out an intense line under the lash line and downwards towards the eye socket/where natural eye bags would be. I will also buff the product up around the lid and the eye socket - this colour is great for making eyes look tired. To accentuate the look of tired eyes and the iron deficient look of a vampire who hasn't fed for days; I will use a thicker line of supra colour in dark burgundy very close to the lash line and buff this out to just underneath the eyes. For the eyebrows, I will warm some cinewax in my fingers and apply to the brow - my model has great, big eyebrows - and rough up the hairs using a clean mascara wand. Finally, for the lips I am going to apply liquid latex and leave it to dry naturally. I will then use supra colour in the red and apply this over the lips, finally finishing the look off by applying a small amount of fake blood to an orange stippling sponge and dabbing it over the mouth area/lips and down the chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment