Wednesday 2 March 2016

Technical file: Dirtying teeth, Dirt

In Sue's practical lesson today we learnt and practised how to blacken teeth and make a model look muddy looking/dirty. Again, we referred to images of black teeth so that we were familiar with what looks real and effective. We then experimented with fullers earth on hands and arms. This could be used for several looks.

To create black teeth: (using KRYOLAN tooth enamel)


  1. Cover you client to protect any clothing from being exposed to the tooth enamel.
  2. Dry the teeth with a cotton bud to ensure the product sticks and doesn't slide straight off.
  3. Pop a small amount of tooth enamel onto a mixing palette; don't put it on the back of your hand as it will stain and is hard to remove.
  4. Using a cotton bud, apply small amounts of the product to the area you desire.
  5. You can layer and add a mixture of yellows and blacks for a really grim look!
  6. To remove, soak a cotton bud in white spirit and then dab onto couch roll to get rid of any excess. 
  7. Voila!

Products used:

  • Kryolan tooth enamel in yellow and black
  • White spirit (to remove enamel)
Tools used:
  • Baby cotton buds
I really enjoyed this lesson because it was a quick and easy process but was very effective!! I want to use this for a future project!

HEALTH AND SAFETY:

I was very aware that working with models mouths is a strange subject. I made sure that my hands were thoroughly clean before starting the process and covered my model over to make sure no product went on her clothing. I ensured that each cotton bud I used was new and I wasn't mixing products/making it unhygienic. As well as this, I was very careful not to dose the cotton bud in the white spirit as it was going in the clients mouth to remove any enamel product, so made sure I had clean tissues near by to wipe of any excess white spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment