Friday 18 March 2016

Timed Assessment: PART ONE

Today we had the first part of our timed assessment. I felt quite confident going into the assessment because I had had a couple of practises with my model, Amelia, and because I kept the look quite simple I felt like it wasn't going to be overly complication to create in a limited amount of time. And twice!!

In the assessment I ensured that my work space/area was neat and tidy and that I had easy access to all the products I needed as well as my brushes. I made sure I had the practise photos, my face chart, and written instructions to refer to throughout. My model was helpful during the practise sessions and we discussed what we could improve; these were also written on the instructions.

I think the aspect of the look I was worrying about most was the blood. The eyes, eyebrows and the base were all very simple, however I used a stippling sponge to dab the fake blood onto and around the models mouth and this was something I worried about for next time as the blood moves around/drips and doesn't often stay in the same place for very long. I made sure that I used little amounts of blood at a time so that I didn't overload the mouth area with drips of blood that would be hard to control.

For the hair I was nervous!! Originally I had looked for a model with straight hair and wanted to curl it in an undo 'Victorian' style. I wanted to use Amelia as my model for her interesting features and wide eyes - as her hair was curly, I left it mostly natural and just tweaked at the ends with the curlers. As her hair falls in natural curls and waves, it will be harder to recreate the exact same in our next assessment. This is something we practised but I still had problems with!

Front and back views

Side views

No comments:

Post a Comment