Thursday 10 March 2016

Technical File: Sweat, pallor and fever


In our lesson with Sue today we learnt how to create sweat, pallor and fever. Sue said that it is best to keep this as realistic looking as possible, working with a natural base rather than foundation. In order to keep the continuity you must cover any blemishes/scratches/marks that must be covered throughout the continuity production, whether it's a film or television program etc.

To achieve fever/pallor:

For this rash/fever look I used my supra colour palette by mixing the red with the burgundy and lightening it up so look like hot skin with the white colour. I applied it with my finger to keep it looking light rather than caked on and patchy - I blended it through the skin on areas such as in inner eye socket, down the nose, round the nostrils, on the forehead and cheekbones, and a patch on the neck to keep it looking real rather than in a concentrated area.

To achieve dried lips:

To achieve the dry lips I used liquid latex. I dabbed the product on lightly using a brush whilst my model squashed his lips together! Using a hair dryer on a cool setting, I cooled the latex whilst the lips were still wrinkled together, when completely dry, and the lips relaxed, the latex looks like crusty dried lips!

To achieve sweat:

To achieve the beads of the sweat on the forehead, upper lip and nose, I used a decent splodge of glycerine and used a stippling sponge for texture. I dabbed this in the appropriate areas!



Tools used:

  • Black stippling sponge
  • Craft brushes
Products used:
  • Supra colour pallet
  • Liquid latex
  • Fake blood
  • Moisturiser
  • Glycerine
HEALTH AND SAFETY:

For this particular makeup look I was aware that I would have to do a skin test for the liquid latex, so applied a small blob in the models inner arm and waited a while to see if there was any type of reaction. As well as this, I ensured that my working area was clean and clear of any clutter. I washed my hands before any makeup application and continued to wash them after each product used (supracolour/liquid latex/glycerine). 



No comments:

Post a Comment